Introduction: Mason Jar Paper Jam
This humorous item makes a fun gift to put beside your printer or copier at work or at home.
It will generate many questions and comments from puzzled friends and co-workers.
For one jam jar you will need:
One - Mason Jar of any size or any jar of any size that you may want to use.
Mason Jars come in many sizes including quart, pint, half pint and a cute little quarter pint.
One - Ring or band or lid to fit your jar.
Two - Feet of fancy ribbon of your liking for the final touch of "Bling".
A good amount of shredded paper or small wads of paper to nearly fill the jar.
Small 1/4 inch diameter magnet
Step 1: How to Make "Paper Jam"
- Measure your band/ring/lid and cut your ribbon to go around the jar lid or ring plus 1/2 inch extra.
- Using your super glue, carefully glue this piece of ribbon all around your lid or mason jar ring.
- Put this assembly aside for a few minutes to allow the glue to set up.
- Measure and cut another piece of ribbon to about 8 or 9 inches and fold to make the ribbon loop.
- Glue the 8 or 9 inch long piece of ribbon at the point where the loop crosses itself.
- Place a small amount of glue at the point where the ribbon ends meet on your lid or ring.
- Place the ribbon loop cross on this point and use the 1/4 inch magnet to hold it while the glue sets up.
- Make sure your glue has set up on the ribbon lid assembly.
- Put your shredded or small wads of paper into the jar.
- Place the lid on top of the jar.
- Carefully screw on the ring and ribbon assembly.
- If you want you can make and place a label on your "Paper Jam" jar.
- Place the "Paper Jam Jar" in a location near your copier or printer.
- Enjoy the comments and questions that it receives.
Participated in the
Mason Jar Speed Challenge