Introduction: No Hassle Ghee (Clarified Butter)
"Ghee is butter from which all milk solids have been removed. The result is a clear yellow fat that can be heated to a higher temperature than butter before burning. It is an excellent fat for frying as well."
This is the simplest and easiest way to make Ghee without much effort, and it's way cheaper than purchasing it in the supermarket, well if you are not living in India.
Step 1: Ingredients + Tools
1. Unsalted Butter ( In this case I am using 250gms of yoghurt butter as I like the flavour of Ghee made from this one)
2. Microwave safe bowl
3. Something to cover the bowl
5. Glass jar for storage
Step 2: Procedure
1. Cut butter in pieces, put it in bowl
2. Cover the bowl loosely
3. Microwave it for 10 to 15 min at 600watt
4. Let it sit for a while in the microwave after it's done
5. Take it out and strain it in the jar
6. Done!!! Enjoy Ghee!
Step 3: Done!!
Store and use!
Step 4: Tips!!
With yoghurt butter, it generally takes a bit longer compared to normal unsalted butter because it has more milk solids present.
Participated in the
Kitchen Skills Challenge
3 years ago
So easy. This stuff costs $10 for a small jar. You can store it at room temperature. I didn't know about yoghurt butter but I will seek it out. Also I suspect that butter from Europe and the UK, Canada?, is much better for this. It has less water, more fat, and is cultured, similar to yoghurt.
Reply 3 years ago
Yes, the leftover residue is also less and even less if you use unsalted butter.
3 years ago
I had no idea it was so simple with a microwave! :)