Introduction: Pipe Cleaner Lips
We made these little piper cleaner lips for a parade float project. (See Robot DIY). There are tons of fun options you can use these lips for, such as a photo booth prop which it pictured above.
If you have access to a 3D printer you could easily take these lips to the next level by printing them off!
Step 1: Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- a variety of pipe cleaners (we used three pink and one yellow)
Step 2: Step 2: Shape Your Lips
- To start your lips bend one pipe cleaner into and "M" shape, with one of the ends being much longer than the other. Make sure the humps of the "M" are rounded.
- Bring the longer end across the bottom of the m and attach it to the shorter end.
- Depending on how big you are making your lips you may have to add another pipe cleaner to this step. Twist the end of the new pipe cleaner around one of the ends. and wrap it back along the bottom of the lips. (This will form the bottom lip).
Step 3: Step 3: Fill in the Lips
- Once you are happy with the shape of your lips you can begin to fill them in. With a third pipe cleaner, wrap the end around the top two pieces of pipe cleaner. (This will form the top of the lips).
- As you are wrapping the top of the lips you may need to reshape the base pipe cleaners somewhat to gain your desired shape.
Step 4: Step 4: Bottom Lip
- Repeat step 3 with the bottom lip.
- Once the lips are all filled in you can bend the pipe cleaner to achieve your desired shape.
(If you were using a 3D printer or 3D pen then you would simply have to draw the lips out and fill them in).
Step 5: Step 5: Insert Stick (optional)
- Once you are done your lips you can get really creative with them.
- To make a photo booth prop out of your lips, insert a stick into them.
For this I unwrapped one corner of the lips and inserted the pipe cleaner.
Wrap the stick pipe cleaner (yellow in photo) around the corner of the lips.
Rewrap the pink pipe cleaner to cover where the stick is attached.
Step 6: Step 6: Have Fun!
- Have fun and get creative with your finished lips!
Participated in the
Summer Fun Contest