Introduction: Split Moong Lentil Dal
- Split moong lentil dal is prepared using split moong lentils and dal goes well with rice.
- We do tempering in ghee which gives nice flavour to dal.
- 3/4 cup Split moong lentils
- One onion chopped
- One tomato chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 dry red chillies
- Half teaspoon garam masala powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
-One teaspoon cumin and mustard seeds
- Half teaspoon split black gram
Step 1: Soak Split Moong Lentils in Water
-First take about 3/4cup split moong lentils and rinse under running water.Soak them in water for about half an hour
Step 2: Procedure for Dal
- Entire preparation should be done in pressure cooker. Take the cooker and add little oil in it.
- When oil is heated add chopped onions and saute for few minutes.Next add chopped garlic and dry red chillies.
Step 3: Add Tomatoes
-Add chopped tomatoes and give a mix.
Step 4: Add Soaked Moong Lentils and Water
-Next add soaked moong lentils and give a mix.Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Step 5: Add Salt to Cooked Dal
- Once dal is cooked allow pressure to release. cool dal and remove lid. Add salt as per taste.
- If dal is too thick add little water and adjust consistency
Step 6: Tempering for Dal
-Finally we need to tempering for dal. For this take little ghee in vessel and add Teaspoon cumin and mustard seeds.
-When they splutter add few curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Even add half teaspoon garam masala powder and pinch of turmeric powder and switch off stove.
Step 7: Add Prepared Tempering to Cooked Dal
- Finally add prepared tempering to cooked dal and give a mix.
- Serve dal with hot rice.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017