Introduction: Thin Laptop Sleeve
I had been looking for a super super thin laptop sleeve to buy but most of the ones I found were too bulky for my taste, that is why I decided to make my own as thin as I wanted it.
I got my computer on November 2018 and I was super happy it was so slim. Since then I've been looking for something to protect it without loosing the thinness. I decided to make my own in 2019, I got my supplies cut them and I didn't finish it. In the meanwhile I was using a yellow files folder to "protect" my lap. Now in quarantine I decided it was enough, I HAD to finish it now. I couldn't continue with that fake sleeve just because I didn't want to buy one.
- Pressure buttons
Step 1: Cut the Pieces
- Measure the laptop (mine is an 11x8 inch macbook)
- Cut one rectangle, it should be 11 1/2 inch x 8 1/4 inch
- Cut another rectangle. measuring 16 inch x 8 1/4 inch
- Cut 2 corners of the big rectangle so it forms a triangle on one side
I had this already done
Step 2: Sew the Two Pieces
- Place the two pieces together
- Place some pins to secure it
- Sew leaving 1/4 inch of space on the side. This will protect better.
Step 3: Add Button
I used pressure buttons
- Sew a pressure button to the corner of the triangle
- Make a mark to know where the other part of the button must go
- Sew the other part of the second button
Step 4: Make Sure It Fits Right
Participated in the
Finish It Already Speed Challenge