Introduction: Upcycled Aluminium Herb Signs
When you first plant your herb garden sometimes it's difficult to differentiate between the coriander (cilantro) and parsley; these little signs can help and add something to the garden.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Cans (I rescued these from the recycling bin at my flats - my neighbours drink exciting looking beer)
- Old newspaper for resting cans on
- Not the 'good scissors'
- Stick glue
- Old pen
- Sticks (these are from a local takeaway but also icy pole sticks)
- Backwards printed names I have included a PDF of some that I printed at 100%
Step 2: Cut the Cans
Use the 'not good' scissors to take off the top and bottom and flatten the cans a bit by running against the edge of something like a bench.
Step 3: Pressing Matters
- Glue the name you want to the wrong side of the can
- Use the old pen to press down along the letters
- You can have it all as dots
- Or you can just put dots at the important parts of the letters, remove the paper and then use the printed name as a guide to join the dots in solid lines.
Step 4: Cutting and Folding
- Add a little box at the bottom of the name
- Cut around the whole thing including the outer 'boxes' drawn underneath and remove the paper
- Fold the 'tabs' over before putting them around the stick, this will make it a bit harder to put the stick in - but it will hold better
Step 5: Finished
Participated in the