Home made drums for grade 3 project:
You will need the following:
1. Any jars or yogurt containers you can find
2. Large balloons same number as the containers above
3. Two pencils for drum sticks
4. Two small balloons to cover pencils
5. All size rubber bands
6. Masking tape in three colours
Step 1: Preparation and Testing
Take clean empty containers (as many as you want to build drums with)
- they can be plastic yogurt containers
- styrofoam glasses
- plastic bottles with with mouths
Make sure these are all hard enough that they will not bend when a ballon is stretched over the tops
Then take a large balloon and cut 1/3rd off to see if it can be fully stretched on one of the containers - if there is saag then you will need smaller size balloons. Once stretched hold the ballon in place with rubber bands.
Step 2: Drum Sticks
Take two pencils and cover them with multiple balloons and tie them down with rubber bands.
Step 3: Decorate Drums
Decorate the drums the way you like. This one is covered with two colour paper tapes - yellow and green.
Step 4: Practice and Play
Once you have multiple sizes put the drums in sequence big to small and play like a drum set.