A little tribute to MacGyver, one of the best TV series!
Talking about Richard Dean Anderson, not the new one...lol
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Stuff You Will Need
- Empty plastic bottle
- Cutting tool (scissors should do the trick)
- Wide Sellotape
- Lock and its keys
Step 2: Key Stamp
In this step, we will copy the key and create a plastic replicate.
In order to do so, we will burn the key with the lighter until there is a thin layer of soot.
Be sure to burn the right side of the key, the one which is flat (the other side is curvy).
Step 3: Replication
For this step we need:
- Key with soot (from the previous step).
- A piece of the plastic from the bottle.
- A piece of sellotape.
- Place the sellotape on the blacken key, tighten it with your finger.
- Carefully remove the sellotape with the key stamp and place it on the piece of plastic.
- Cut the exact shape of the key, be very very precise.
- To check that it came out good, hold both the Key and the replica together and compare the shapes.
Step 4: Testing
The purpose of the plastic key is to hold the lock in open mode.
First Insert the key in the lock, If it's not inserted smoothly try to struggle with it but not too hard.
After it's inserted use the screwdriver to turn the lock open.
That is it!
If you liked it, don't hesitate to leave a comment or even vote ;)
Runner Up in the