Introduction: Rice Cookie Treats
I love eating rice. I love eating crispy stuff. I love eating cookies. I love eating treats. Why not make...RICE COOKIE TREATS?! These tasty morsels are pretty much cookies wrapped in a huge, goey, yummy Rice Krispy Treat. Sounds delicious...
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make Your Cookie
The first step to making a Rice Cookie Treat is making the cookie. You can make any type of cookie you want but I’m gonna show you all how to make white chocolate chip cookies.
White Chocolate Chip Cookie
• 1 cup butter, room temperature
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbs vanilla extract
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 cup (or however much you want) white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Whisk together the sugar (brown and white) and the butter until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the mixture is creamy.
3. Dump in the eggs and the vanilla. Whisk until fully incorperated throughout the mixture.
4. Gradually add the rest of the dry ingredients to the mixture.
5. Once the mixture is ready, form the mixture into balls, about 1 tbs worth, and place on a parchment paper about 2-3 inches apart so they don’t stick together. I actually used a melon baller to create the cookie dough balls...
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until they look golden brown and yummy.
7. Let them chill out for a couple minutes while you make the Rice Krispy Treat part.
Step 2: Make the Rice Krispy Treat Covering
Making the Rice Krispy coverings is super easy and super fun...and it’s really really really simple
Rice Krispy Treat Outside
• 4 tbs butter
• 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 6 cups Rice Krispies
1. Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat.u
2. Add the marshmellows (yum!) and the vanilla extract. Stir until fully mixed.
3. Stir in the Rice Krispies until fully incorporated throughout the marshmallow
4. Quickly transfer to a large bowl so they are warm and ready to mold...
Now, we are ready to get molding!
Step 3: Mold Your Rice Cookie Treats!
This is by far the funnest (I guess that’s a word because spell check didn’t correct me) part of the process.
First, take a small custard bowl and place plastic wrap on the bottom so the Rice Krispy stuff doesn’t stick all over the bowl. Next, take a glob (glob=about 3 tbs) of the Rice Krispies and pack it into the bottom of the bowl. Second, place a cookie in the center of the bowl so it is not touching the edges. Last, pack another blob (blob=about 5 tbs) of Rice Krispies on top and around the cookie so it is fully covered. Last...take a huge bite...
If you liked this instructable, please hit that like button (like the pro youtubers say) and give it a vote!