Intro: See How to Make a Stunning 4-flower Crystal Ring
Step 1: Items Needed to Make a Crystal Ring
Items needed to make Crystal Ring :
12-4mm Czech Beads
16-4mm Swarovski Crystal Beads, 8 in darker (a), 8 in lighter shade (b)
No.8 Jap seed beads or regular
Fishing Line 0,20mm in thickness (fly or nylon)
2 No.10 Zohata beading needles with big eye
Hypo-cement or glue
Step 2: Base of Crystal Ring
Base of Crystal Ring
1. Thread 2 needles with nylon, adding 3 of the Czech beads, add the 4th bead to one of the threads, then cross other needle through it as well. It should look like 4 beads, like a miniature square.
2. Add 1 Czech bead each on each needle, add the 3rd bead on on needle, cross through it with the other needle, making sure it is on the side, so it looks like 2 squares, threads coming out of side of bottom square.
3. Continue until you have used all 12 Czech beads and you have a square of 4.
Step 3: Top of Crystal Ring
Top of Crystal Ring
1. Start with 2 needles with thread threaded through both. On thread from top left side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal Bead in “a” color plus a seed bead, add 1 more of “a” crystal, threading from left side to right side of first little square, going through right of the bottom base Czech bead.
2. Take other needle from right side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal Bead of “b” color go through seed bead (of step 1 you have done with “a” color), add the second bead of “b” color, now go through left side Czech bead on base.
3. Following this crystal ring pattern complete all four flowers. I would sew through all the crystals again, strengthening top crystals.
4. Knot the 2 threads together in centre of base of Czech beads, underneath, add a dollop of cement/glue. Tidy up by sewing threads into base.
Step 4: Band of Crystal Ring
Band of Crystal Ring
1. Get a strand of nylon line on 2 needles, then thread through left side of Czech bead. (Seed Beads from top of ring holes on top and bottom-guide on where on square)
2. Add 2 seed beads on each thread; add another 2 seed beads, cross the other needle through last 2 seed beads.
3. Add 2 more seed beads on each, then 2 seed beads and cross through with other needle.
4. Carry on until desired length, 9-links for small fingers on Jap seed beads, 10 for bigger fingers. Adjust, measure on finger as you make the band, or use a ring sizer (free download paper ring sizer on the web)