Hey all !
Semiya Kesari is a very easy kesari recipe made with vermicelli and the best part is, it is quick to make and needs very little ghee unlike other kesari recipes.This semiya kesari is very easy to make, perfect to serve for guests too
Semiya kesari doesn’t require much ghee like the other sweet recipes.
Semiya(Fine Vermicelli) – 1 cup loosely packed or Spaghetti (broken) - 1 cupWater – 1 and 1/2 cups - 2 cupSugar – 1/2 cupMelted Ghee – 3 tspCardamom powdered - a pincha tiny pinchSaffron – optionalCashewnuts – 6 brokenAlmonds - 6 broken2 spoons of milk (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Semiya(Fine Vermicelli) – 1 cup loosely packed or Spaghetti (broken) - 1 cup
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cups - 2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Melted Ghee – 3 tsp
- Cardamom powdered - a pinch
- a tiny pinchSaffron – optional
- Cashewnuts – 6 broken
- Almonds - 6 broken
- 2 spoons of milk (optional)
Step 2: Heating
Heat 1/2 tsp of ghee and roast vermicelli till golden ,Set aside.
Step 3: Cooking
- Now boil water in a pan, ( a pinch od saffron , it is optional because it gives natural coloring and taste while boiling in water ) .
- When it boils add the vemicelli and cooked till soft and all the moisture is absorbed.
- Once the vermicelli is cooked add sugar, now it will start to loosen up…keep stirring continuously. Until it is thick
Step 4: Cooling
- Add the roasted cashews & almonds .
- Stir it slowly until it becomes thick.
- Turn off the heat and set it aside to cool .
Step 5: Serving
- Once it cools down you can cut it into shapes .
- You can serve this sweet treat as chill .
- You can also warm it up a little if needed .
- This sweet treat can be served in both ways chill & hot
This a very easy and simple sweet . Please and post your comments .
Runner Up in the