Introduction: Salt Dough Baby Foot Print:
Our lives filled with happiness and our hearts filled with love because of our little baby boy that we have been dreaming of, with his tiny ten little fingers and ten little toes he is so sweet.
I want to do something which will be a long lasting memory for my baby. So I decided to create a wall hanging with his foot prints .I made this by using salt dough. salt dough is very easy to prepare and is inexpensive. salt dough is a wonderful product which can be used to create crafts,sculptures,ornaments.It requires just 3 ingredients to prepare.
Ingredients required for salt dough:
All purpose flour 1 cup
salt half cup
water 3/4 cup
Take a bowl and add 1 cup flour, half cup salt and mix properly.Now add water and stir thoroughly until all clumps has been removed from the mixture.It should attain a dough consistency. Now transfer the dough on to a flat surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and thick.
If the dough is very sticky add little flour.If it is very dry add little water and knead.
Step 1: Procedure for Salt Dough Baby Foot Print Wall Hanging:
- First step is to take foot print of the baby. I rolled the salt dough using rolling pin . Rolling should not be very thin,it should be thick so that we get clear foot print impression.
- I placed my son foot on the rolled dough and took the impression.
- I have cut the foot impression with knife and kept aside.
Next step is to create the frame for foot print
- I again rolled the dough and cut the frame in diamond shape
- Now have to create borders for the frame.
-So I measured and cut thin strips and pasted strips in 4 corners of the frame.
- To create some pattern on the border made holes with the straw.
- Now the base for foot print is ready. I pasted foot print in the middle of the frame.
- Later i also made an hole on the top of the frame which can be used for hanging on the wall.
Step 4: Hanging Decorations:
I made some roses and leaves and pasted inside the frame. For preparing roses make about 5 small balls with the dough.press the balls and flatten them .place this flattened pieces one above the other which form petals of the flower and roll them .
- cut the dough in to leaves shape and paste them.
- I also made small socks.
- Finally i baked the creation in oven at 120 degrees for 2 hrs and allowed to dry. Depending upon the thickness it may take even more time.
I painted my wall hanging with oil paints .