Introduction: A Wooden Textured Cup Stand From Waste Materials?
Cup stands are a must in every kitchen. It helps to arrange the cups at one place and ease of access is better. Here, we are going to make a beautiful cup stand from waste materials. This is a wooden textured stand and looks very natural. It is both a utility craft and a home décor object.
This is our best out of waste craft idea.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Cardboard Pipe
- Styrofoam/Thermocol Sheet
- Aluminium Wire
- Iron Nail
- Glue Gun
- Plaster of Paris
- Acrylic Colors and Brushes
Step 2: Take Cardboard Pipe and Thermocol Sheet!
- Let’s take a cardboard pipe and thermocol/Styrofoam sheet. Cut out a circular piece of Styrofoam sheet.
- Now take the cardboard pipe and draw some markings on it.
Step 3: Draw Pints on Cardboard Pipe!
- Mark some points on the pipe and make holes on it using iron nail. Cut out the cardboard pipe along the drawn markings to get the required shape.
Step 4: Let's Fix the Wires!
Let’s take pieces of aluminium wire and use a plier to bend it accordingly. Now using glue gun, arrange and fix the wires on the holes.
Step 5: Let's Fix the Cardboard Pipe!
- Fix this cardboard pipe arrangement on the Styrofoam sheet. Let’s take plaster of paris and add water and adhesive to it. Mix well to form a thick paste.
Step 6: Let's Stick Newspaper Pieces!
- Now take newspaper and cut it into pieces. Dip it in the paste and apply it all over the craft. Now use a toothpick to give more detailing to the design and leave it to dry completely.
Step 7: Let's Paint the Craft!
- Let’s paint the craft during different acrylic colors. Paint the trunk using shades of brown and similarly apply paint on the base of the craft.
Step 8: Let's Add Detailing!
- Also, make some detailing on the craft to give it a wooden texture. Leave it to dry completely.
Wow! Your beautiful wooden textured cup stand is now ready.
Step 9: Conclusion
This is such a nice wooden textured cup stand. It looks so real and natural and completely resembles the trunk of a tree. You can keep multiple cups arranged in this stand. Also, it is compact and occupies less place. This beautiful craft can be used as a home décor as well. Place it in your kitchen and your guests will definitely notice this unique cup stand.
Hope you will enjoy making this craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comment section.