Introduction: Ayurvedic Kaadha(medicinal Drink) for Cold and Flu
Yes it's from Ayurveda,
you won't believe but yes it will remove your cold in just 1 night, if you don't believe just try it. it is very easy to make and it is very effective too. cinnamon, cloves, ginger this all have natural qualities to fight with cold and no side effects. when we use cough syrups, it have side effect that you will feel tired and sleepy but this will not make you feel that and you can use it as green tea also if you are in cold weather. it will also work good for digestion. so let's make it.
- 2-3 cloves
- 1⁄4 inch (0.6 cm) of cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 cardamoms
- 1⁄4 inch (0.6 cm) of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of coffee powder
- 2-3 cups of water
- Make a powder of black pepper and jaggery.
- Black pepper: The rationale behind it is that black pepper stimulates circulation and mucus flow. Potassium, another mineral in black pepper, helps improve your stomach's ability to digest foods and promotes intestinal health. Because black pepper is a carminative, it discourages intestinal gas from forming, and as a bonus, the outer layer of the peppercorn aids in the break-down of fat cells.
- Prevents constipation: Jaggery activates the digestive enzymes in the body, stimulates bowel movements and thus helps prevent and relieve constipation.
2. Detoxes the liver: Jaggery helps cleanse the liver by flushing out harmful toxins from the body. So if you want to effectively detox your body, bite into a piece of jaggery.
3. Treats flu-like symptoms: Fight symptoms of a cold and cough with the help of gur. All you need to do is mix it with warm water and drink up, or even add it in your teainstead of sugar to reap the benefits.
4. Blood purifier: One of the most well-known benefits of jaggery is its ability to purify the blood. When consumed on a regular basis and in limited quantities, it cleanses the blood, leaving your body healthy.
5. Boosts immunity: Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium, which in turn help prevent free-radical damage and also boost resistance against infections. Jaggery also helps increase the total count of haemoglobin in the blood.
- Slice the piece of ginger into many small pieces. Add the small slices of ginger into the powdered jaggery and black pepper.
- Ginger:Ginger is often used to soothe sore throats and reduce coughing, especially those caused by the common cold. In fact, ginger lozenges and other medicinal products are commercially available, designed with the express purposed of treating coughs. Another way ginger can be used to treat coughing, notes the University of Maryland Medical Center, is to add a drop of ginger oil or a few slices of fresh ginger to a bowl of steaming water, which you can inhale so the aromatic vapors can soothe your sore throat.
- Open the cardamoms from the side and add it into the mixture of black pepper, ginger and jaggery.
- cardamon: Traditionally, cardamom has been used as a remedy for nausea. Cardamom is an effective tonic and stimulant and is also good for calming the sensations of nausea and vomiting. It acts as a good remedy for sore throatstoo. Cardamom and cinnamon can both be boiled in water and gargled every morning to control painful sore throats.
- Add one-fourth inch of cinnamon stick, 2-3 cloves and one teaspoon fennel seeds into it.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamaldehyde, the main active component of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infection.Cinnamon oil has been shown to effectively treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi. It can also inhibit the growth of certain bacteria, including Listeria and Salmonella (30, 31). The antimicrobial effects of cinnamon may also help prevent tooth decay and reduce bad breath (32, 33).
- cloves:Cloves promote enzymatic flow and boost digestive functioning. They are used in various forms of gastric irritability and dyspepsia.
- fennel seeds:Respiratory system. Gargling an infusion of fennel seed oil can loosen mucus in your lungs and relieve your cough or sore throat.
- Add the mixture of jaggery, black pepper, cinnamon stick, cloves, fennel seeds, cardamom and ginger into 3-4 cups of hot water. and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve.
- Keep the liquid and discard the rest.
- you can Add one teaspoon of coffee powder for taste, stir well, and serve!