Introduction: DIY Paper Vase
It won’t break if it falls, good use of your old paper plus it’s a nice decor !
by Jyotsna Shenoy
- Thick chart or old calendar paper
- Take a thick sheet of paper and cut out a square piece of dimensions 10 cm into 10 cm.
- Divide the cut out square into four long pieces as shown and cut it out to form thin strips.
- Take a single strip and lay it out on a plane surface.
- Fold it in half along its length to form a crease in the center.
- Take the extreme ends of the strip and fold it inwards in the direction of the central crease.
- The strip takes shape of a pentagon.Invert the strip.Fold the bottom square ends in a triangular form towards the center.
- Fold the bottom triangle ends in the upper direction to form an isosceles triangle.
- Fold the strip again along the symmetric line.
- This is a single piece having two triangle ends and two insertion flaps on top.
Repeat the above steps till you obtain multiple pieces. The final product requires about 500 pieces.
- For the initial stage, take 3 folded pieces with one of them at the top center flanked by the other two.
- For reference the center piece is piece ‘C’, the one on the left, piece ‘A’ and on the right, piece ‘B’.
- Insert the left triangle end of piece ‘C’ in the right flap of piece ‘A’ and the right triangle end of piece ‘C’ in the left flap of piece ‘B’.
- Apply glue on the ends to keep them in place.
Repeat the steps by arranging pieces consecutively to form a continuous chain. Continue the steps depending on the size of the final product desired and glue together the extreme ends to form a circular chain. The final step is shown above with the bottom part kept upright.
- Hold the structure firmly and insert more pieces at the bottom part of the structure.
- This will form the base of the vase.Keep the vase with the top part upright and insert more pieces on the topmost layer.
- Repeat the layers until the structure forms shape.
The paper vase is ready! For more such posts refer to our site https://artpsychoblog.wordpress.com
Participated in the
Papercraft Contest 2017