Introduction: Halloween Monster Plant Prop
Introducing the new member to our Halloween family! I have wanted to make a version of Audrey 2 (from "Little shop of Horrors") for a long time, so here is my 'distant' relative to her.
Dollar store goodies that I collected to make my Audrey 2 or as my boys say my Piranha plant from Mario Bros.
Split foam ball for head and cover with painters tape. Use cut of pieces to make tongue.
Molding clay to add texture and the shape of the lips.
Start the painting fun.
Lots of layers
Pumpkin teeth but they were to narrow and needle like so I added girth and texture with my hot glue gun.
Letting the paint dry on the teeth and time to paint the inside of the mouth.
Aging the teeth with yellow and black wash.
Base made from spare piece of wood I had at home.
Time to add the teeth with extra glue for support.
Rocks at the bottom to add weight for stability. Extra piece on left is to attach the head.
Stapled the tongue on the extended piece and drilled holes through the wood to attach the face with wire.
All wired on and drilled the wood pice to the base. The top was too low so I added a cork to give space.
Filled in the base with flower foam and added moss. I added all the leaves I had and stole a bunch of random leaves from other fake plants around the house.
Lots of leaves and floral wire for the curly cues.
Cheese!! A happy monster plant!!!