Introduction: How to Make a Wall Hanging Craft Using Matchbox?
Is making new things from the waste products your hobby? If yes, this is surely going to excite you. Yes, today through waste out of best craft ideas, we are going to make a wall hanging craft by using old matchboxes. With the help of the matchboxes, it is quite easy to make a beautiful wall hanging craft.
Here is how you can make the wall hanging craft from matchboxes.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Old CD
- Glitter sheets (3 different colors)
- Ice cream sticks
- Mirror crafts (diamond, circle,and oval shape)
- Beaded Lace
- Stone lace
- Pearls or pearl lace
- Scissors and glue
When you have gathered all the things required for making the craft, follow the steps below.
Step 2: Let's Take Some Empty Matchboxes!
- Take some empty matchboxes. Stick 4 matchboxes in a line to form a strip. Make 4 such strips of the matchboxes.
Step 3: Let's Take Glitter Sheets!
- Now take 2 different color glitter sheets. And wrap the matchbox strips using glitter sheet and glue.
Step 4: Let's Cover Sides Using Stone Lace!
- Take a stone lace with two stones. Cover all the 4 sides or edges using the stone lace and glue. Design all the 4 strips using the stone lace. Also, stick the stone lace in the center of the strip giving it a box-like a look.
Step 5: Let's Cover the CD With the Glitter Sheet!
- Now take an old CD and a glitter sheet. Cover the CD with the glitter sheet by applying glue on it. Press properly to stick it firmly.
Step 6: Let's Stick Matchsticks on the CD!
- Get some matchsticks, apply glue on the matchsticks and stick them on the CD one the edge forming a circle as you place the matchstick beside each other.
Step 7: Let's Stick Mirror & Bead Lace!
- Now take a mirror craft and stick it in the center of the CD. Surround the mirror with a beaded lace using some glue. Again, surround the beaded lace with a pearl lace or pearls using glue. Keep it aside.
Step 8: Let's Decorate Matchbox Strips!
- Take the 4 matchbox strips and some mirror crafts. Stick one matchbox in each check made using the stone lace. Also, surround the mirror craft using the beaded lace.
Step 9: Let's Fix Ice Cream Sticks!
- Gather some ice cream sticks. And the 4 matchbox strips. Take two of the strips in different colors and fix the corners of the boxes. Cut the ice cream stick and place it below the strips for support. Join the edges of the strips using glue. Similarly, stick all the strips to form a box frame. Use the ice cream sticks for supporting the edges.
Step 10: Let's Stick Another Ice Cream Stick on Backside!
- Reverse the frame and stick another ice cream stick below the ice cream sticks joining the corners for proper support and fixing.
Step 11: Let's Stick Four Ice Cream Sticks!
- Now take four ice cream sticks and stick them from the corners to the center of the frame using glue. Take the CD and stick it on the center of the frame where all the four sticks meet each other.
Step 12: Let's Stick CD!
- Take the CD and stick it on the center of the frame where all the four sticks meet each other.
Step 13: Let's Decorate the Craft!
- For further decoration, take some diamond shape mirror crafts and stick two on the ice cream sticks in between the frame and the CD. Take 4 oval shape mirror crafts and stick them on the corners of frames on the ice cream sticks.
Step 14: Let's Make Hanging!
- Finally, take a beaded lace and stick it on one of the ice creams sticks to give the craft a hanging using glue. Stick firmly.
Step 15: Conclusion
Place this decorated wall hanging on your wall and it surely going to enhance the decoration of your room or walls to be precise. You can use color combinations as well as decoration charms as per your choice. This can also be a gift for the people who love such handicraft items.
So, how have you planned to design your wall hanging with matchboxes? Let us know.