Introduction: Lovely DIY Chocolate Gift Basket From Cardboard?
Are you looking for different ways to gift your beloved one’s chocolates on festivals? Gone are the days when simple chocolate boxes were gifted. Today, we shall learn how to make a cardboard basket that can be used for various purposes.
Here is what you need to do.
Step 1: Things You Need to Have!
- Acrylic colors and paint brush
- Stone lace, artificial small flowers and leaves
- Cutter, pencil, glue and divider
Step 2: Let’s Make a Cardboard Box!
To make this lovely cardboard basket, here is what you need to do.
- Take a square cardboard and mark measurements of 1 inch on the sides. And another measurement of 4 inches and 5 inches to the center of the cardboard forming a bar like a look.
- From the bottom of the cardboard make a measurement of 4 inches to the top side on both the bars.
- Make a box at the measurements marked at 4 inches. Now from the ends of the marks make a slant line inward. Similarly, from the end of the other mark, make another slanted line inward.
- From the slanted lines, make another measurement of 1.5 inches to the center and make a straight line to the top.
Step 3: Let’s Make the Shape of Bowling Bottles!
- Now considering the edges of the 4 inches, make a pot like an arc on the top side of the cardboard. The shape comes similar to the bowling pins or bowling bottles. Cut the cardboard figure using a cutter. Cut another similar cardboard piece.
- Now take another cardboard and cut out the 1-inch bar from the cardboard. Cut around 4 to 5 such pieces. Now take a measurement of around 6.5 inches on the bar and cut it off using a cutter. Cut a total number of 6 bars with similar measurements. Now take another cardboard with measurements of 3x6 inches and keep it aside.
- Now take the bowling bottle like two pieces and remove the outer layer of the cardboard from one of the sides. Also, remove the outer layer from one side of the 6-inch cardboard strips.
Step 4: Let’s Cut the Arc!
Take cardboard again and take measurements of 6x6 inches on it. Take a divider and make an arc of 6 inches and then 5 inches on the cardboard. Cut out the arc using the cutter.
Step 5: Let’s Do Painting!
Time to do some painting. So, take some acrylic color and paint the side cardboards (bowling bottle) with your favorite color on the side where the outer layer is removed and the 3x6 inches cardboard. Also, color the strips on the outer layer with different color.
Step 6: Let’s Stick the Sides!
- Now take the side cardboards and stick them to the 3x6 inch bottom cardboard properly using some glue.
- Take the 6 inches strips and stick 3 strips on each side with proper measurements. While sticking, make sure the curvy outer layer is on the outer side of the basket.
- Finally, take the ark and stick it on the opening of the basket to give it a handle. Your purse is now ready.
Step 7: Let’s Decorate the Basket!
- Time to decorate! Take a stone lace and stick it on the edges of the cardboard basket.
- When all the edges are covered, take some artificial flowers and leaves.
- Stick them on one side corner of the basket on the lower part of the basket.
Step 8: Conclusion
There you go! Your cardboard paper basket is all set to use for giving out chocolates and various other gifts.