Introduction: Paper Mache Vase
A very practical idea for DIY home decor. Perfect to hold colourful artificial flower arrangements or as an art piece on your shelf
Step 1: Making the Vase
- Download the pdf template of the vase and scale it up preferably to an A4 paper size. Print two copies.
- Cut out the cardboards in the shape of the vase printouts.
- Cut out a strip of cardboard 7cm in length and width long enough to go round from the top left side of the cut out template to the top right.
- Glue the strip around the template to hold it in place.
- Take some torn newspaper strips and paste them all over vase. Cover in four layers and let it dry completely.
- Glue the back of the vase to the wall. Add one more layer of paper mache, let it dry completely.
Step 2: Decorate
- Sandpaper the vase lightly and cover in two coats of paint.
- Let the flower vase dry completely.
- Decorate as you choose.
- Apply a coat of varnish.
- Embellish as you please
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure Contest