Introduction: Pretzel Pieces of Snyder's of Hanover - Cinnamon & Sugar
I assume nearly everybody knows the pretzel pieces from Snyder's of Hanover. But do you also know the Cinnamon & Sugar version? If you live in the US you maybe do. In Germany we only have Jalapeno, Cheddar Cheese and Honey Mustard.
Some years ago when my boyfriend was travelling a lot to the US he brought me the Cinnamon & Sugar pieces the first time. Than it gets a tradition that he brings some packs from his travel because I love them sooo much.
But now with nobody travelling it gets hart for me to get my favorit Snyder's. So I have to make them on my own. How that works your learn in this instructable.
Beside the great combination of sweetness, crunch, saltyness and cinnamon taste, my recipe is a great option to use your leftovers of soft lye pretzels (see picture) Of cause you also can use fresh once.
AND you can try this recipe with your own favorit flavor.
3 pretzels (Soft with lye) (fresh or old)
Approx. 20 g Sugar
Approx. 10 g Cinnamon
Some neutral oil
You also need:
Bowl for mixing
Step 1: Prepare the Pretzels
1. Preheat the oven to 80°C
2. If you don't like a hint of saltyness in your pretzel pieces, you have to remove the salt from the pretzel. I leave the salt on the pretzel because it gives a special, extra delicious taste.
3. Cut the pretzels into pieces of 2 cm (See picture 1)
4. Give some oil to the pretzel pieces and mix.
Repeat that until every piece had some oil (see picture 2).
5. Spread the pieces to the baking tray with backing paper (see picture 3).
6. Bake for 2 h at 80°C until the pieces are hart.
7. Give the cinnamon and sugar to the warm pieces and mix everything well (see picture 4).
8. Wait unitl the pieces are cold before enjoying.
Keep in a box for cookies
Participated in the
Copycat Recipe Speed Challenge