Introduction: Full View Tulips
This is an easy project to produce beautiful tulips that you can watch grow. Watching the bulbs sprout and bloom is very rewarding. This project makes a wonderful gift or centerpiece that will evolve as it grows over a 3 month period.
You Will Need:
- A vase
- Tulip bulbs
- Plastic Ring to fit inches above bottom of vase or Super Glue (holds tulips above water to prevent bulb from rotting in water)
- Glass Beads (To hold bulbs out of water)
- Flower Food
Step 1: Prepare Your Supplies
- When you purchase your bulbs from the store take your vase with you! Buy the largest bulbs you can find (larger bloom), but make sure they fit in your vase side by side and are not soft or mushy. The bulbs should not be stacked on top of one another.
- Wash the dirt off your bulbs (no soap). This keeps everything looking clean, including the water!
- Add your ring to your vase. It should sit a few inches above the bottom. Or place your tulip bulbs together in the vase, then take them out and glue them together in such a way that they will wedge in the vase (This is not as difficult as it appears. You can always use a toothpick as an extra wedge.
- Add your glass beads to your vase.
Step 2: Adding Tulips
- After your preparation you may add your tulips to the vase. Place them side by side and not on top of one another. The tulips should sit a few inches above the bottom of the vase.
- Add just enough water so that the bulbs are not touching the water (The bulbs will grow roots and reach down to the water). Half an inch should be accurate.
I believe that the flowers are more beautiful with water covering the bulbs. If you do choose to completely submerge the bulbs for an evening that will be ok, just drain them afterward to preserve their life.
Step 3: Care
- Place flowers in a well-lit area out of direct sunlight.
- You may trim roots and replace water for aesthetic purposes.
- Remove submerged leaves as they will rot.
All Done! Thank you for reading my Instructable!
ChristophS9 made it!