Intro: Laser Cut Coffee Cup / Flower Pot Holder. I Made It at TechShop
To create Hexagon Coffee Cup or Flower Pot Holder.
To practice use of Corel Draw.
* In Corel Draw, create a Polygon. The default was a Pentagon. Change to 6 sides to create a Hexagon.
* Use measuring tool and measure opposites two times.
* Scale vertically AND horizontally, until the above measurement are equal.
* Make rectangular hole by measuring the thickness of the plywood or acrylic to be used.
* Allow the width of the rectangular slot slightly bigger because the male tabs would insert the female slot at an angle.
* The procedure could be repeated by slanting the part so that the slot could be cut at the desired angle. A careful calculation need to be made to mate the parts perfectly.