this is a decorative project that is easy to make
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: Grab Your Materials
- Rolling pin
- Magic tool
- Carving tool
- Image of Choice
Step 2: Step 2: Preparing Your Tile
- First put down your wooden rulers then roll out your clay with the rolling pin
- After you are done you should end up with a flat surface
- After grab your ruler and start measuring 6 inches on each side so basically making a square
- At the end you will have a square shape
Step 3: Step 3:Cover-Up
- Once you have made a 6x6 square cover it up and let it get leather hard for the next time you work on it.
Step 4: Step 4: Day 2:Choosing Your Design
- Once you know your square is leather hard in other words half dry half moist
- You will choose a design of your choice
- Once you have chosen the design you will cut it with scissors and it has to fit the size of the square
- After you've cut it it you grab a ball point pen
- You put your design over your square and start tracing it with a pen
- make sure you trace hard enough to mark the clay but try not to rip the paper
Step 5: Step 5:Carving
- Once you have traced it hard enough you peel the paper off and the square has to have the design printed on it
- After, you grab a magic tool and start to remove the extra clay that doesn't belong in order for the design to shape
- Make sure you don't go to deep or it will go through
Step 6: Step 6:Final Touches
- Once you have carved out the extra clay and your design is in shape already, You start to add texture of your choice in the background it can be squiggles,lines or even circles
Step 7: Step 7:Final Touches Cont.
- Then after you have made texture to your tile you will then grab the paint of the colors of your choice
- You start to paint it however you would like, but try to at least put 2-3 coats of each color so it can be virbrant
- try not to get glaze on the bottom of the tile
Step 8: Ready to Be Fired
At last your design should be finished and ready to be fired.
Participated in the
Clay Contest 2016