Introduction: Mexican Chicken Alfredo
No matter what the name is, I think it tastes great, and I like to make a big batch and eat it at lunch over the week.
The basic ingredients are:
- Noodles (I used my homemade pasta, and my tomato pasta in this particular attempt)
- Chicken breast (one pack - I think it was 2 pounds)
- Alfredo sauce (one can)
- Peppers (I used one green and one red because that's what was in the fridge)
- Onion (one large sweet onion)
- Cheese (as much as you have)
I also used some garlic salt, ground pepper, and some homemade melomel (honey wine with blackberry) - Now the wine is optional, but I use wine to deglace the pan after cooking the meat and peppers - I happen to have this handy since I just finished brewing some, and I hate having a bottle that is not either completely full or completely empty...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
Chop everything up to make it much easier and more fun when actually cooking
Step 2: Cook Ingredients
- First I cooked the onions and peppers
- Once they were cooked, I added the chicken and spices
- Lastly, and while the pasta was boiling I added some wine to the bottom of the pan to break up the tasty bits form the bottom of my pan, and to mix into the food.
One tip when cooking with wine, don't use anything you would not drink.
Step 3: Add Salsa
To this mix, I added one can of spicy salsa
Step 4: Add Sauce and Simmer
As the pasta water begins to boil I add the can of sauce and let it simmer until the pasta is cooked.
Step 5: Mix and Eat
Once the pasta is cooked to your desired tenderness, drain, and immediately add the pasta sauce.
Toss, add cheese and eat.
I will tell you, it may not look like much, but it is a bowl full of awesome.
Participated in the