I stumbled across this recipe a few months ago, and have altered it numerous times. Please feel free to let me know of any changed that you think would really make this fruit loaf even better!
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Ingredients
160grams of Sugar
2tablespoons of Treacle
500grams of Dried Mixed Fruit
250grams of Self Raising Flour
1tablespoon of Ginger
2tablespoons of Cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C
Step 2: The Stove
- Place your sugar milk and treacle into a pan over a low heat until the mixture has combined (will go a medium - dark coco colour)
- Remove from the heat and allow to briefly cool while you combine the dry ingredients
Step 3: The Mixture
- Sieve the flour a spices into a large mixing bowl
- Add the dried fruit and stir through
- Pour the liquid mixture and beaten egg into the bowl and stir through until no flour is visible (I realise it looks icky at this part but wait until it's cooked :] )
- Line your bread tin with greaseproof or baking parchment
- Gently poor in the mixture and even it out with a spoon so it is all level
- Place into the oven (top shelf preferable) and bake for one hour
- When it is cooked poke a skewer through the middle and if it comes out wet it needs a few more minutes cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack. Now you have a fruit loaf to share with friends and family. Enjoy!
Participated in the