Introduction: Harry Potter LED Wand
While browsing for an idea for a Harry Potter wand i came across this great instructable:
Unfortunately my UV-LED didn't work so i had to use the one that was already with the fiberwand i had.
But it has 3 different light modes and the batteries can be changed without destroying the wand.
Time: Medium approx. 6 hours
- Fiberwand 2 Euros or any other LED Toy
- Soldering Iron
- Electric Wire
- Acrylic Paint
Step 1: How to Do It
How to do it:
- We de-assembled the Fiber Wand because we wanted to use an other LED, which didn't work out
- You could use the Fibre Wand as it is, if the fibers are long enough
- Otherwise extend the wires to the LED
- Use a straw for supporting the wires
- Roll the straw tight in a piece of paper covered with glue
- After drying the wand was really good looking and sturdy enough for showcasing
- But it had to be hard enough for kids to play, so i used papermaché as an extra layer
- The papermaché was made from paper handtowels and wallpaperglue
- Paint the wand
I didn't glue the end cap to the battery cover. Instead i used a simple layer of paper around the battery cover and put the end cap on. So changing the batteries won't damage the wand.