Introduction: Paper Wearable Art From Newspaper
I am here with my Instructable, which is a dress made out of newspaper. making dress out of paper is quite interesting and difficult too, because paper is a delicate material and you have to be very careful with it. i love to make things out of paper and exploring new things with the same material. The dress which i had made is designed by me and it was for one of a show in which i designed it. This dress is unique and beautiful but at the same time there are some problems too with it, which is because of the material. Like it won't prevent sweat, so make sure you are wearing some protection inside from sweat or else it can spoil your dress. another thing is it's paper so you have to be careful with it. rather than this it's absolutely perfect for fashion shows, fancy dress or some parties. I will guide you here with all the steps. This dress is basically in 3 parts upper part, lower part (inner skirt) and lower part ( outer flowery part). For making this dress you need 2 basic things in bulk, which you have to prepare first. 1st is paper straws and 2nd is this flowers which is there in the dress. I had weaved upper part of the dress so i will also teach you the way of weaving. I had made this according to my body so do it according to yours, still i am going to show you the sizes i followed.Remember we are making an art piece and for art we don't need to be so much technical so feel free to explore and let's the artist inside you to come out. you definitely have to take care about your body fitting but or else you don't need to be so precise in sizes, you don't need to follow my sizes blindly, make according to your body and look. you have to tackle the material with delicacy. As there is always a room for improvements so feel free to give suggestions and ask questions if you have any doubts. so let's get started........
wool or thick string or ribbon
Step 1: MAKING LOWER PART -1
- Take newspaper of your waist size. I had taken 88cm length from waist and height of 38cm(till nees) and end length of 115. which covers front and back both.
- Stick paper straws in full length and let it be random and not so precise with 38cm height.
- Make paper roll like we did before to ends of the skirt.
- Pass string or wool and make cross pattern.( we make cross pattern because it is stronger to hold it. you can use some other patterns too to tie string.)
- And your skirt is ready.
Step 2: LOWER PART-2
- Now we are going to make lower flowery part. your skirt's string portion is front so take care of that while making this.
- Put the skirt on some stool.
- Attach newspapers on back part of the skirt to both the sides.
- It's height should be according to yours. it will look awesome if you will put it little longer than your height.
- Attach flowers which you had made before to all over the newspaper you had recently attached to the back.
- Stick them with tape.
Now appreciate your creative work and enjoy wearing it. It was difficult but i am sure you had fun. d
Do share with me if you really like it.