Author Options:

What would I need to create a printer like this? Answered

Hi I am interested in creating a printer that cuts cardboard.

Its a simple flat surface and the printhead moves over the surface to cut the shape.

Is there any DIY printer who's print head already moves like this so that I would not have to start from scratch? Or better yet, any anyone has a project like this already that I can take a look at?


The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.

1 year ago

It's not a printer, it is a CNC router.
Look up laser cutters and laser engravers or just cnc engravers.
Only difference is that instead of a rotating tool a cutting knife is used on the cardboard.