149Views13Replies

Author Options:

my dog ate alot of chocolate Answered

but hes fine hes eaten a poundof hershey kisses before so hes immune

Comments

The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.
0
aeromancy
aeromancy

11 years ago

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs. As others have stated, theobromine is not very good for them. <a href="http://www.petplace.com/dogs/why-dogs-can-t-eat-chocolate/page1.aspx">See this article</a>

0
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Reply 11 years ago

hes immune cause a couple years ago he had the bags of hershy kisses(wrappers and all) shiny poop

0
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Reply 11 years ago

he got very sick afterward but hes ok now

0
Keith-Kid
Keith-Kid

Reply 11 years ago

Whats a myth? That chocolate is bad, or that the dog is immune?

Chocolate is very, very, VERY bad for dogs! That's scientifically proven.

0
ReCreate
ReCreate

Reply 11 years ago

It is? I always though it was a myth...

0
Keith-Kid
Keith-Kid

Reply 11 years ago

Its not, and its got pretty serious effects.....

0
ReCreate
ReCreate

Reply 11 years ago

Oh...

0
Keith-Kid
Keith-Kid

Reply 11 years ago

Chocolate contains theobromine. A naturally occurring stimulant found in the cocoa bean, theobromine increases urination and affects the central nervous system as well as heart muscle. While amounts vary by type of chocolate, it's the theobromine that is poisonous to dogs.

0
ReCreate
ReCreate

Reply 11 years ago

Ok...

0
lemonie
lemonie

Reply 11 years ago

They can't metabolise theobromine, it can be fatal. However, Hershey's may not contain that much cacao, or the dog may have some genetic-mutation...

L

0
ReCreate
ReCreate

Reply 11 years ago

I see...

0
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox

11 years ago

no it isnt! they were real chocolates and they were my real grandma's and she yelled real curse words when he stole them!