Introduction: Short Gun : Rubber Band
I made my first rubber band gun, two weeks back.... and my son gave me a challenge to make another with 10 rounds...
So, in this instructables I will share how I made a 10 round, short gun using leftover wood and rubber band... This project is simple to make and in few hours you should be good to have a do a duel with your kid or friends
With this project I was able to reuse old wood and make a toy of it. and my son and his friends really enjoyed it. I hope to inspire more people to reuse and recycle..
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Wooden strip ( 3/4" x 10" and 3/4" x 8.5")
- Wooden flooring leftovers from previous projects
- 1" screws
- 10 no 1" diameter rubber bands
- 2" ( 4/16" or 6mm) bolt with nut ( I am not good in converting mm to inches )
- Drilling machine
- Mitre box saw
Step 2: Design
This design is inspired by the simplest rubber band gun and a short gun.
I have attached reference design with scale
Step 3: The Handle
- I used old wooden flooring (mdf), You could use a wooden plank as well
- I used a jigsaw to cut these and I recommend clamping the wood planks to a table before cutting
- Cut the handles as shown
Step 4: Barrel ?
- I don't know what to call this part, I will just call it a barrel
- We need to cut ten slots to hold the rubber bands at a distance of 10mm
- I used a mitre box hand saw, Not all lengths were at same dept, use a matchstick to level these later
- And give a rounded edge to the bottom one
Step 5: Main Body
- Fix the upper barrel on the handle
- Keeping distance of 6 mm to 7mm between them, fix the lower barrel below
- This gap between upper and lower barrel, works as a channel for the trigger to move freely and in line
Step 6: Trigger
- To give it a short gun's pump action, I used half rounded wooden strip
- The trigger initially was made at 45 degree angle, later adjusted to 30 degrees
- Using a 6mm bolt to hold left and right triggers
- I added small wooden piece between the right and left tiggers, to guide it's movement within the gap
Step 7: Testing
Load the gun with 10 rounds of rubber band and test on a target
- add a motor and make this an automatic
- auto load rounds
Please share comments and suggestions to improve this design further
Participated in the