900Views18Replies

Author Options:

shock of a 9volt battery Answered

Have you ever put a 9volt battery on your tongue? You will get a shock, or a charge on your tongue. How come if you put it on your finger or arm, you can not feel the same charge? How can I get that charge to be felt on your finger?

Discussions

0
None
spryor71

10 years ago

Thanks, awesome! I looked at radio shack.. would a 12v 2amp work or would it have to be 20volts to feel it?

0
None
Branspryor71

Reply 10 years ago

Oh, and 2 amps would be quite a shock. Just remember, DC current gives a nice *ZAP*. AC current will give you a shaking sensation.

0
None
cris1133spryor71

Reply 10 years ago

when i wax 7 years old i got shocked by a 6v batttery pack it dosent hurt i just shook alot

0
None
Branspryor71

Reply 10 years ago

If you could make a Van de Graaff generator, you could generate (from a standard size one) a couple hundred thousand volts, though it would be at a very low amperage. And it would be a bit loud, if you didn't want you target/victim/guinea pig to know what was going on.

0
None
w00ty32Bran

Reply 10 years ago

Have you actually zapped a guinea pig.....?

0
None
Branw00ty32

Reply 10 years ago

LOL! I think you misunderstood me; I meant guinea pig as in "lab rat", not the actual rodent (or whatever it is).

0
None
w00ty32Bran

Reply 10 years ago

LOLz Oops, i did... and ya, they are rodents. Cuz that would be kinda cruel, actually zapping the rodent Poor hypothetical guinea pig being zapped T_T

0
None
Lftndbtw00ty32

Reply 10 years ago

LoL that was great... ;) "poor hypothetical guinea pig being zapped"

0
None
VIRON

10 years ago

NOT LIABLE: Cut the output plug off a 9 Volts AC (not DC) wallwart and briefly touch the wires to a battery but don't plug it into an outlet. Is anything interesting "going on"?

0
None
guyfrom7upVIRON

Reply 10 years ago

That would really work, maybe for a split second, and even then

0
None
spryor71

10 years ago

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to electric. Do you mean a power pack, that can be bought at radio shack?

0
None
Brennn10

10 years ago

Not sure if it will work, but try wetting your finger before you put the 9V on it.

0
None
spryor71Brennn10

Reply 10 years ago

That's the obvious, and it doesn't work.

0
None
guyfrom7upspryor71

Reply 10 years ago

I think your tongue has a lower resistance because ti's saturated in saliva which acts as an electrolyte? Just a guess

0
None
spryor71guyfrom7up

Reply 10 years ago

hmm, then what battery can be used to start to feel the current when touched to the skin? Is it a specific amount of volts, amps?

0
None
guyfrom7upspryor71

Reply 10 years ago

why do you want to do this in the first place? You would need higher voltage to overcome the resistance

0
None
spryor71guyfrom7up

Reply 10 years ago

trying to create a game of some sort. the idea is to push a metal button[s] on the multiple choice. If you select the wrong answer, it will send a good shock. I wouldn't want anything to hard hitting. Like the shock pens. they just hit way too hard.

0
None
guyfrom7upspryor71

Reply 10 years ago

oh, why didn't you say so? Humans are generally grounded and all you need to do is create some high voltage at a very low amp.

0
None
spryor71guyfrom7up

Reply 10 years ago

Ok, how can i create that? Can you sum it up real quick here in text, or is there already an instructable i could view?