Author Options:

what this metal ring called? Answered

These collars are found in a variety of applications large and small, this particular one came out of a broken flatbed scanner. I've seen variants with bearings on the inside ring allowing full rotation in industrial settings and small hobby ones used for axles.

So, is there a name for these?


Oh yea the Pic.

I've always believed it to be a locking collar.

sam D

6 years ago

Somtimes referred to as a collet.

It's not a collet...

A bush.

That's one in the hand. Is it worth two in the bush?

Hello, it's name is bushing.