electric motor conversion for my ski boat. Help! Answered
here is my plan:
- remove big v8 motor from 19 foot ski boat
- install 6 standard size solar panels (40x65) above the boat lift and plug in the boat when not in use.
- 20 kw motor, 96 V, rated current 98A (30-150A), turning 3300 rpm.
- 4 batteries on board each producing 3.4 Kwh 24V. continuous current 110 A.
1. Does it sound like the batteries match the power requirement of the motor?
2. Am I correct in assuming the batteries can be wired in series to produce the 96 V?
3. If so, how long would you estimate the batteries will run the motor?
4. Will the 6 panels at about 330w produce about 10 -15 Kw per summer day into the batteries?