oil submerged playstation 3 Answered
Hi again iables,
I want to build a oil submersable ps3 and have a few questions,
1. Will the oil degrade the silicone on a glass fish tank and cause a leak?
2. How do i extend the power and eject buttons off the motherboard?
3. How do i extend all other wires for the hard drive, power supply, bluray drive, hard disk drive and any i have missed?
4. What would be the best way to stop wicking in the wires from slowly emptying the oil?
5. Would any normal pc case cooling fans be ok to circulate the oil or would they burn out from the extra current draw?
6. Would a normal overhead fish tank filter be ok to use as a diy radiator pump?
7. Would this prevent the dreaded YLOD as iv already had it twice and fixed it myself, with relative success (about 2 months or 100ish hours), and this time im going to oven bake instead of heat gun as this method is rumoured to provide the best results, anyway i hope because of the even cooling provided by the oil bath, then it would keep it much cooler than air cooling?
8. What about using themoelectric cooling pads with huge heatsinks to provide extra cooling?
9. Would the wireless and bluetooth antenna's need to be extended or would they be ok submersed? i thought radio signals were blocked by water so is oil the same? If they do, how would i go about this?
10. Where would i buy mineral oil? I heard that Johnsons baby oil would work?
11. Could i use something similar to an undergravel filter in a fish tank to generate circulation if a pump head wont work?
12. What metal piping should i use for a diy radiator as i heard that mineral oil is very good at dissolving some things and im worried that the contamination may cause conductivity?
I think that's it... if not ill add more when i think of them,
many thanks in advance for any help!?